Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Lazy Elves Took Over Week Twelve


My name is Stephanie and I was abducted by Lazy Elves. They are located in the Outer Banks, if you are training for anything, avoid the area. Week twelve was my last step back week before ramping up to my biggest weeks. I may have stepped waaaaaay back. 

Monday- 16 miles. Covered this last week.

Tuesday- Rest. Massage.  

Wednesday- 5 miles with Dad & Ronni. 

Thursday- Rest.

Friday- Rest.

Saturday- Rest.

Sunday- Rest.  

Total Miles: 5 (technically speaking)       Planned Miles: 29         
Total Marathon Miles: 228.07

After my 16 mile run I was a bit burned out. I was discouraged that I couldn't do the entire run consecutively, my body was just tired, and my calves and hip/butt were very mad at me. I didn't approach the week thinking I was going to take four rest days, it just kinda happened. But I'm sort of glad it did. I treated myself to a massage and then wanted a day or two to just hang around and read and be on vacation. On Wednesday I wanted to check out the boardwalk around Duck and we wound up doing 5 miles, nice! Thursday was a scheduled rest day so I think I watched Lincoln and Les' Mis. Friday the weather was cold and I think rainy so I skipped the run. Saturday we traveled back to Syracuse so rest day again and Sunday I headed back to Rochester and just wanted a day to get back to the real world. Okay so I am not a perfect marathon trainer and I am okay with that. I did 9 miles yesterday with Molly and felt great, so it was worth it. Plus now I feel rejuvenated and ready to go into my next two big weeks and then it is time to taper, holy cow, 38 days til CLE!!!  Here is one of the things I am working so hard for...


Okay one final gratuitous sunset photo to end the vacation talk...



No comments:

Post a Comment