Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Week Thirteen Made Me Beam

Week 13 is over and done. Just when I think training couldn't be going any faster it seems like it is passing me by. Even though the weather was a downer this week it was a great week. 

Monday- Dr. Burton and yoga on my own.

Tuesday- 9 miles with Molly.  

Wednesday- 45 minute spin class. 

Thursday- Rest.

Friday- Rest.

Saturday- 18.1 miles with Katie & Molly.

Sunday- Rest.  

Total Miles: 27.1            Planned Miles: 36        
Total Marathon Miles: 255.17

I went to Dr. Burton on Monday and practically broke down and whined to him about my cruddy 16 mile run in the OBX. My first question to him, "what was I supposed to do if it (pain in my hip/butt) happened during the marathon." I think he probably thought I was a wimpy amateur (which I am) and to suck it up and deal with it was probably the answer he wanted to say (I don't blame him). I don't remember what his exact advice was, I joked that I might have mom and dad carry my foam roller and some ice, he said that could work. I couldn't imagine laying on the sidewalk stretching out while marathoners in there 60's and 70's, blind, disabled, what have you, flew by and stared at me, probably laughing. I imagine them laughing. All this doesn't matter, he allowed me to vent and complain and didn't judge me (at least to my face) and reassured that I would be okay and in the grand scheme of life this is barely a blip on the radar. He was right, damn him. After my AMAZING 18 mile run my confidence is back and I am cautiously optimistic for 20 miles this weekend. 

Tuesday's midweek long run feels like so many miles ago that I can barely remember it. Molly and I left from Fleet Feet and headed down East Ave towards the city. We must be spending so much time with each other that we can read each others mind, because we came dressed in the same exact outfit! Since it was cold and rainy and I was preoccupied with running 9 miles I forgot to take a photo, whoops. The route we took was nice and different then normal. Towards the end the rain was coming down pretty hard and we both just wanted it to be done. I did find this little gem along the way...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment