Monday, February 25, 2013

Week Six Had Fast Kicks

Week six was filled with a ton of exercising and cross training since I was on break from school and had no grand vacation planned. Unless the Rochester Athletic Club counts as a tropical oasis? Here's how I spent my break:

Monday- Arms and legs strength training at the RAC. One hour yoga session at Molly's Yoga Corner, thanks to my wonderful co-workers.  

Tuesday- 4.3 mile Cobb's Hill run. 

Wednesday-  68 minute spin class at the RAC. This class was intense, holy cow!

Thursday- Rest.

Friday- 45 minute spin class at the RAC. Arms and core strength training.

Saturday- 3.1 miles for the final 2013 Freezeroo race.

Could you tell I didn't really love this one :)

Sunday- 13.2 miles for the Lake Effect Half Marathon in Liverpool, NY. New half marathon PR!!! Weekend race report here.

Loving the bling! 
Total Miles: 20.6        Planned Miles: 19          
Total Marathon Miles: 106.75

I woke up this morning incredibly sore, more so then any previous half marathon. I'm not sure if it was because I had a heavy workout week or the double race duty or throwing the speed hammer down or a crazy combination of all of these things. Needless to say I'm popping the ibuprofen and rockin' some compression gear at work. 
It was a jeans and school spirit shirt kinda' day. 
I am looking forward to yoga tonight. It is the last class in the session and is a restorative practice night. It's basically a bunch of stretching and relaxing, just what I need. I am also looking forward to my bi-weekly appointment with Dr. Burton tomorrow. My hips are feeling fantastic, but my calves are sore and tight. Normally when a big race is over I feel a sense of accomplishment and can scale back on my running to rest my body and mind a bit. But not this time around, marathon training is just ramping up! On to week 7.  

How did your weekend running go?
When you improve your time in any given distance do you call it 
a PR (personal record) or PB (personal best)?

No comments:

Post a Comment