Monday, February 4, 2013

Week Three Equals Wife To Be!


Holy cow what a week! I am exhausted, mostly mentally. Since Rob and I have been together forever I thought getting engaged would be no big deal. Easy peasy wedding, check. No fuss no muss wedding, check. Just about the two of us, check. Yea, I feel like none of that is happening, and we are barely one week in. I've said for quite some time that I would like to spend little to nothing on a wedding and put all that money into a down payment for our first home. Some how when the engagement ring gets placed on your finger you transform into your 6 year old self envisioning things you can't afford and really deep down don't want. Damn Pinterest and girly wedding magazines! My focus has really shifted off of running this week and I didn't even hit my targeted miles. Ugh.  

Too much to think about, I think I need a run!

Here's the breakdown:

Monday- Rest.

Tuesday- 3.6 miles at Cobb's Hill. What an amazing run!

Wednesday- Spinning for 50 minutes at the RAC.

Thursday- 3.3 miles around Brighton with Molly & Emily.

Friday- Rest.

Saturday- 7.2 miles from FF Brighton.

Sunday- Extra rest day, woops!

Total Miles: 14.1        Planned Miles: 15


Life ever get in the way of training?
Tell me it gets better?

1 comment:

  1. In my experience, life & training normally fit together beautifully, like legos (although this took a few years). But even now, sometimes...they just don't. Square pegs, round holes. Most important thing is not to let one "off" week screw everything up. Jump right back in for next week.

    And as for unsolicited wedding planning advice? Write down the 2-3 most important things. Spend your planning energy & money there. The rest really doesn't matter, and you'll have a celebration that really reflects who you are. :)

    ReplyDelete