Thursday, January 31, 2013

This One's Silver and the Other's (white) Gold

The past couple days have been quite a whirlwind. Thanks for all the congrats and well wishes! I feel like for the first time in a few weeks I haven't been focused on, and completely consumed with marathon training. Don't get me wrong I've been workin' my booty off, but my mind has been elsewhere. Tonights run was windy and chilly! Weren't we just running in short-sleeved shirts on Tuesday?! How does that happen? I guess winter is sticking around for a bit longer.

The Greater Rochester Track Club (GRTC) offers MILEstone patches for members as a way to recognize a sustained commitment to racing/running in any given year. I heard about the awards back in the spring but I wasn't a member yet. I joined the GRTC when they offered a bus for the Boilermaker and decided to try to go for one! I didn't really set a goal for which one I wanted, since it would be my first full year of races. I just new I needed one. Stat! I completed 120.8 races miles in 23 races and earned a SILVER patch!!!



Not too shabby for one year! I obviously aiming for the gold patch in 2013 and hopefully with multiple high mileage races on my calendar it will be doable! Since I now have a wedding to save for, I have a feeling that some races might get sacrificed in the name of love. Don't worry, I'll be back for 2014! I also received my early bird registration gift for the Cleveland Marathon. I doubt I'll ever use it, but I love anything that says Cleveland Marathon on it!

Shoe ID holder thingamajig!
When I got home from the run tonight I filled in my workout on my paper training calendar and realized the first month is done! January 2013 of marathon training is complete. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment