Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week Two is Through!

Week two is through, 14 more to go! Does anyone else feel like this is flying so far? Remind me of that statement during week 13 and 14. Here's how my week panned out.

Monday- Rest. Did some stretching and hip icing.

Tuesday- 3.3 miles at Cobb's Hill.

Wednesday- Spinning for 45 minutes at the RAC.

Thursday- 3.1 mile fartlek on the canal.

Friday- Rest.

Saturday- 7 miles from FF Ridgeway.

Sunday- 3.4 miles around Fairport.

Total Miles: 16.8         Planned Miles: 16

Saturday's run was cold. Who am I kidding, this whole week was cold! Molly, Laura and I ran from FF Ridgeway with the rest of the Winter Warrior and HFM crew. The options were 5 or 8 miles and we had 7 on the schedule. We decided to head out with the group and then take a detour down a road we had traveled in the past. The road was pretty flat and followed parallel to the canal. Since it was just us and the road was a bit scenic (aka boring), Molly turned on a Pandora playlist so we had some music to rock out to while movin' and groovin'. About half way down the road we realized that the faster pace groups were heading back towards us already! When we got to the end of the road we had some nutrition and I enjoyed a little frozen Gatorade slushie. I have never had Gatorade freeze during a run. I always eat Honey Stinger chews while out on a run. My go to flavors are cherry, pink lemonade and orange. Last time I was at Wegmans I saw pomegranate passion and decided to give it a whirl. BIG MISTAKE!! I was not a fan and shouldn't have messed with a good thing. I am glad I had a couple orange ones floating around in my fuel belt. 

I'm sorry I ever doubted you!
We headed back in the direction of the store and stayed off the canal because we didn't feel like adding the extra cardio. Kudos to those of you who stayed on the canal with the snow cover. After some rolling hills we got back to the store and Molly commented on how my hair had frozen. Another first, it really was cold out! 


Since I was in Greece I decided to swing by and visit my Grandma! Hot chocolate and depression cake, which is my fav, I think I'll visit her post cold runs more often!! The only down side to hanging out and chatting with her for a bit is that I did not go home and do my stretches right away. Of course I got really stiff and my hip was hurting the rest of the day. I stretched multiple times throughout the day and when we were lounging around watching TV, I tried out the heating pad my sister let me borrow. 

Sunday's run was sunny and felt warmer. Rob had a long run on his schedule and I had 3 miles. I joined him for the first mile and a half and then headed back home via the canal. The cool thing about running with Rob is that he is pretty speedy so I tend to run faster when he is pacing me. I wound up doing 3.4 miles total. Then I enjoyed some post run refreshments.

The camera angle made this look like a
king size box ;)
Love chocolate milk
post run!

How did your weekend runs go?
What is your go to post run snack?


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great running week Steph, even in this brutal cold spell. I got a six miler in this morning over by GVP (packed snow makes for tired girl after). Lately my post-run snack has been Silk soy chocolate milk, yummy! Followed soon after with breakfast at Morningstar, which was also good. Always looking for ideas for night-before-long-run and post run fueling. Run happy! ~Glori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the frozen hair pic. I did a run last year where my eye lashes kept freezing together. It was making it very hard to see.

    ReplyDelete