Sunday, January 13, 2013

Here we go!

Tomorrow I begin training for my first full marathon! There are all sorts of things running through my head. Most of all excitement, which helps to reassure me that I am ready and capable of running 26.2 miles. When I began my running journey two years ago I didn't really know that it would change my life in so many ways. During the next four months I will run over 450 hundred miles as I prepare for the Cleveland Marathon. I'll keep track of my training through this blog mostly as a way to preserve memories and blow off steam when the going gets tough, you're welcome to join me. I can't guarantee the writing will be great or that I'll update it everyday, but if you're curious to see how things are going feel free to check in every now and then. Tonight I prepared by eating a big ole bowl of chocolate, peanut butter swirl ice cream. I have already failed as a blogger as I forgot to take a photo of it before I wolfed it down. Ugh, it's going to be a long four months! Here we go!

9 comments:

  1. Carb loading is.super.important. I approve of this training plan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Looking forward to following along....and to hopefully making some appearances! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I will enjoy reading about your progress. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying again signed into gmail...
    I remember the night well and can picture where we were standing in the FF store! Proud Aunt Steph running and running off to see baby Ainsley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! Just realized I wrote under the wrong post. Man do I stink at this blog following thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it worked! Thanks for posting, and you are my first official follower :)

      Delete
  6. Woohoo!!! So glad to see you are signed up for your first full marathon! It's such a huge accomplishment and you will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, I was "stalking" your site as well! Have you done the Cleveland full before? Any advice? It would be so neat for the cleveland bloggers to have a meet and greet at the expo or something so all of the readers could meet them in person. Does such a thing exist? I hope you visit back! -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete