Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week One is done!

Todays post may not be the most exciting but is necessary on the road to the marathon. Week one of training is done, 15 more to go. The first week was not too challenging. In fact, I ran less miles then I have in the previous two weeks. Here's my week by the numbers:

Monday- Rest. Some yoga on my own.

Tuesday- 3.5 miles at Cobb's Hill.

Wednesday- Spinning for 50 minutes at the RAC.

Thursday- 3.25 tempo on the treadmill at the RAC.

Friday- Rest.

Saturday- 6.4 miles from FF Brighton.

Sunday- 2.7 miles with Rob on a cold and windy night!

Total Miles: 15.85         Planned Miles: 15

During this week I also reached a very coveted running achievement. More important then medals, PR's and qualifying for Boston. I obtained more then 50 points in the Fleet Feet Winter Warrior program!!! In an effort to help build up my weekly mileage before my half marathon training began, I joined the Winter Warrior program for the first time last year.

WW kick off December 2011.
I'm in the turquoise in the front right.
The program encourages runners and walkers to get out and be active during the cold winter months in Rochester, NY. The more runs you do, the more points you earn. The points earn you prizes:

WHAT CAN YOU WIN ALONG THE WAY?

  • 50 points - a prize
  • 75 points - a good prize
  • 100 points - a Winter Warrioresque Prize
  • 125 points - a better than gooder prize
  • 150 points - an even better prize
  • 175 points - "A Way to Go Pat on the Back" and greater prize
  • Over 200 points - the enjoyment of knowing you are in great shape now and on your way to being a top WINTER WARRIOR
So I officially hit 53 points on Tuesday and picked up my prize on Saturday. Aren't you curious to find out what I won?! 


It even has real laces! 
What are you training for?
Are you a Winter Warrior?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't really partake in the WW shenanigans at Fleet Feet - but I covered plenty of wintry miles in Rochester, though! These days...definitely not a WW. More like a "hot and humid" warrior! :)

    ReplyDelete