Monday, March 11, 2013

Week Eight Was Great

Wow, the slump of week seven is far behind me. The weather seemed more mild and the roads were relatively dry. Plus I got all of my training done and it's still light outside. Yup, week eight was great!

Monday- Rest.

Tuesday- 3.7 miles at Cobb's Hill.  

Wednesday- 1 hour spin and sculpt class at the RAC. 

Thursday- 6 miles on the canal with Molly. 

Friday- Rest.

Saturday- 13 miles from Charlotte.

Sunday- 3.1 miles with Evan. 

Total Miles: 25.8        Planned Miles: 25         
Total Marathon Miles: 147.9

I thought Monday was going to be a continuation of week seven. I came home and felt super lazy and didn't go to yoga. Then for a brief moment I thought I should go to the RAC and do some arm and leg strength training, and I just hung out on the couch for the night. But it is a rest day, so I rested. 


Tuesday I threw on my new tights I got on clearance and headed for the hill! Usually I go up and around the hill but this time I decided to do the prescribed route and do some repeats! Overall felt pretty good, way better then the previous Tuesday. Wednesday, same old same old with spin and sculpt at the RAC.

Thursday Molly and I decided to meet and run out and back for six miles on the canal. 
Okay, maybe not this canal ;)
When we left Pittsford I thought we would be okay for lighting so we didn't bring any headlamps or reflective gear. We saw lots of geese, some deer and had a bit of snow and ice to run over. The first couple miles were pretty slow going and took a while to warm up. I think I was struggling mentally knowing that we had to do 6 miles on a week night. As we headed farther and farther away from Pittsford I was quickly realizing that it was going to get dark sooner then I thought. Needless to say the last couple miles I picked up my speed to try to get back quickly, especially when I realized that neither one of us brought our cell phones with us. Okay, very bad planning, I know. Our last tiny bit running back into Pittsford was a little darker then I would have liked, but at least it was lit and other people were on the canal. Lesson learned!

Saturday's run was from the Port of Rochester in Charlotte, I have never run from there so I was looking for a nice change of scenery. We had 13 miles on the schedule and running that distance with no crowd or medal at the end, just. plain. sucks. Molly and I started out with the 12 minute miles and hung out around 12:30 for quite a while. We stopped to refuel and Molly to do a strip tease on the corner of a busy street and joined up with the 13's for quite a while. The route was to do a 10 mile loop and then go back out for 3 more. Since that has it's pro's and con's we decided to break off and go down Lake Ave for 1.5 miles and then come back and jump back into the 10 mile route. Looking back this was a pretty smart idea! Overall I love the route and discovered all sorts of new sides to Rochester I have never seen before.




After the run Molly and I had the kick off party for Girls On The Run. I'll be head coaching again and have asked Molly to join me as my assistant coach. Can't wait to tell you all about it! I had an amazing time last year and learned so much from the girls. Do you know any elementary or middle school aged girls in the Rochester area? It isn't too late to register!!  http://gotrrochester.org


No comments:

Post a Comment