Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Week Ten Ends In Zen

If you read my Syracuse Half race report then you already know how my week ended. That 5 minute or so chair massage left me wanting more. I felt so bad for the masseuse who had to touch all those sweaty and stinky runners, myself included, but it was heaven! Week ten was actually pretty darn decent overall, let's recap, shall we?!

You know it is a good week when
Daily Mile says you're "Rockin".

Monday- Rest. Saved my other free yoga session for after the half, thinking I would need it more then. 

Tuesday- 7.05 miles at Cobb's Hill with Molly.  

Wednesday- Rest. Drama with workout gear. 

Thursday- 4.5 miles around Pittsford with Molly.

Friday- Rest.

Saturday- 2.3 miles around Cicero with Dad and Ronni.

Sunday- 15.22 miles total, 2 before 13.22 during the Syracuse Half.  

Total Miles: 29.07       Planned Miles: 29         
Total Marathon Miles: 190.34

Tuesday I convinced Molly to do the same route I did the previous week. We went up to Cobb's Hill and around it four times and then headed back the long way. However, towards the end we realized I must not have done the exact same thing, because we were ahead on miles and didn't have to go as far as I originally thought. SCORE!! Molly surprisingly liked the route as well and even though it can be mentally tough to go around the reservoir so many times there is a decent amount of variety overall. I also tried to challenge myself again by speeding up between different points, mostly light posts, and working in a little speed play. Getting a long weekday run out of the way early in the week is nice because then the end of the week isn't heavy with miles. Oh yeah and I got a new car! 

Same car I had, Nissan Sentra, but they
offered a free early lease swap!

I was excited when I woke up Wednesday because I got new spin shoes I was dying to try them out later in the afternoon. I packed my gym bag and headed off to work. I stalled at work  like normal and was getting prepared to leave when something clicked and I realized I didn't remember putting my gym bag in the car. I was so busy trying to pick up the apartment for the maintenance works and taking out the garbage, I totally left my gym bag on the floor in the bedroom. Exhibit A:
In the same exact spot I left it. 
Since I stalled and didn't realize it until too late, it would have been a pain to rush home to get it and head back to the gym. I just chalked it up to me having to get some other things off my plate and I ran some errands and had a productive night doing other things.

Thursday was going to be jammed pack and I was hell bent on not forgetting anything in the morning so I lined all my "ducks" in a row and realized that I probably looked like a crazy bag lady when I left for work.

School Bag, Lunch Bag, Running Bag, Girls on The Run Bag.

After school we had our first Girls on The Run (GOTR) session! GOTR is a ten week program where girls train for their first 5k and learn about healthy lifestyle choices, improving self-esteem, body image and giving back to their community. It is an amazing program that I coached last year and this year I roped Molly into being my assistant coach. I plan to dedicate another post all to GOTR so stay tuned. After GOTR, Molly and I scheduled a four mile run around the village of Pittsford. We started out with a pretty big uphill but at least we got it out of the way early. We headed towards the village and it felt great to not have a set route and to go with the flow. At one point we wanted to jump back on the canal so we may have done a little trespassing and mountain scaling. We wound up with more then four miles and may or may not have gone to Moe's for dinner afterward.  


Friday was a rest day and Saturday Rob and I headed to Syracuse. We did packet pick-up at Fleet Feet and they were even nice enough to give me a deal on a new Moving Comfort sports bra since the last and most recent one I bought from them completely broke down way too soon. After dinner Dad asked if I wanted to join him for a little walk/run on his usual route. I wound up walking with him the whole time and it felt good to stretch a bit and get a couple more miles under my feet. 

For week 11, I'll get a new distance PR of 16 miles as long as all goes as planned. Since we'll be driving and arriving in The Outer Banks on Saturday, I plan on figuring out an 8 mile loop and getting my long run done on Sunday. Here's to running in warm(er) weather and looking at ocean instead of snow!!!

Ever trespass on a run?

What is your favorite thing about running in a new location?

BONUS: Are you good at getting your workout in while on vacation?

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie,
    I went to Outer Banks last Spring Break. I got up almost every morning and went for a 5 mile run by the water is was so peaceful and breathtaking. I really enjoyed a few of my runs at sunset, absolutely gorgeous! Have a great trip. Great job on your training so far! I know how hard a full marathon is, that is why I have only ever done one. I keep saying one and done, however Thea or Andy may be able to talk me into another one at some point. My goal this year is a half marathon a month. So far I'm 3 for 3.
    Talk to you soon,
    Lora

    ReplyDelete