Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Week Nine Was Just Fine

Week nine was just fine. I didn't do everything I was supposed to, but I'm okay with that. Winter wont seem to quit and I am beyond frustrated with it. Here was my step back week, I may have step backed more then I was supposed to, woopsie.

Monday- Yoga.

Tuesday- 7 miles at Cobb's Hill.  

Wednesday- 1 hour spin and sculpt class at the RAC. 

Thursday- Rest.

Friday- Rest.

Saturday- 4 miles with Rob in Fairport.

Sunday- 2.37 miles on the treadmill with arms and legs strength training. 

Total Miles: 13.37       Planned Miles: 24         
Total Marathon Miles: 161.27

So you know it was a cruddy week when Daily Mile doesn't even give you a shout out on your stellar performance. I forgot to add my treadmill miles too.

No "epic" week this week.
Way to crush me Daily Mile.

The week started out great with a yoga session on Monday! Tuesday I had a fantastic run too. I headed up to Cobb's Hill and went around it four times. Then I headed back a long way and it wound up being exactly what I needed for mileage. I felt great when I finished, my pace was faster then normal and it was even still light out.

11:37 for 7 miles with hills, I'll take it!

This counts as being light out, right?
Wednesday I had my usual class at the RAC. We did different sculpt moves this time and did some ab work as well. Thursday was a rest day because Rob and I had the Addy awards to attend. This is where our annual photos have come from.

Ready five minutes early for once!
Rob's company didn't win anything this year but we had a pretty good time. It's always fun to get dressed up and have a night out.

The theme this year was inspiration,
hence the chalkboard background.
I was supposed to run Friday, I think, but was tired and it was probably cold and snowy. When I looked at the weather for the weekend it looked like Sunday was going to be the better day, so I did my shorter run Saturday and planned 10 miles for Sunday. Saturday I ran 4 miles around Fairport with Rob. This run kinda sucked. I had a really hard time keeping a consistent pace, I blame Rob since he is faster and I always attempt to keep up or keep close. I got really tired and really winded after a couple hills and had a hard time controlling my breathing. What's up with that? Not sure what my issue was but I was happy when it was over. Later in the day we drove to Geneva and I got new shoes to wear for spinning, we also went to the Nissan dealership to check out an early lease swap option they were offering.

New car, but same car. 
I was all set to do my long run Sunday and then I woke up. It had snowed over night and was dark, cloudy, cold and windy. My mind kept telling me to skip it and to not run, but my body kept preparing for a run. I was literally putting my water bottles together and talking my self out of it simultaneously. I figured if I wasn't going to do a long run, I should at least go to the gym and do some miles on the treadmill and do some strength training. I just couldn't get out the door to run. So I got ready and struggled through a treadmill run, not even 2.5 miles. At least I kinda made up my missed Friday run, sorta. I did arm and length strength training too. I keep telling myself at least I wasn't a total couch potato and I still got my sweat on. Week 9 is in the books and we are on to double digit weeks now, about half way too. This weekend I will/should hit a new distance PR and am doing it while running another half marathon. If you are in the Syracuse area come and cheer me on Sunday! Check out the "See Steph Run" tab for more info. Girls on The Run also starts this week so I am looking forward to meeting the girls and telling you about our experiences along the way.


2 comments:

  1. I'm doing the syracuse half this sunday too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck!!! Maybe the weather will improve. Doesn't feel like spring yet!

      Delete