Monday, May 6, 2013

Picture Perfect Weekend

Tapering = less time talking about running! So, how was your weekend? What's new in your life? We never really talk about you, it's normally all about me. In upstate NY we were greeted with lovely weather the past few days and Rob and I had a relaxing, but busy weekend.

Friday after coaching Girls on The Run I met Rob near Eastview Mall and we went to P.F. Changs for dinner. Yummy! We got there early enough so there was no wait and we used a gift card we got for Easter. Free and fun date night, I'll take it!

Saturday Rob and I both had good intentions of working out in the AM, but we both enjoyed sleeping in and having a lazy morning way more. We ordered breakfast from a local restaurant and watched some t.v. we had recorded. I added a couple more items to our wedding registry via the internet and then we drove to a salon to pay a deposit towards the wedding. On the way home we hit up a local bike store, I feel like I have been to all of them in the last month or so. When Spring hits Rob gets bike store fever.

Their chandelier made out of bike reflectors
and gears, pretty cool.
When we got home Rob went on a pretty long bike ride and I think I continued to have a lazy afternoon. That night we had plans to attend the Lollypop Farm Gala at the convention center. The theme was "purrr imagination" and people were encouraged to come dressed with Willy Wonka inspiration.

Our Golden Ticket.
We got there pretty early, we didn't realize there was going to be a long cocktail hour first. But being the first to the food and having no line at an open bar was a nice perk.

How about this for some drink service!
Two chocolate fountains. 

I have no idea why one was missing :)

We had a good time at the gala. It was ultimately free, five bucks for parking and five bucks for tipping the bartenders. Not too shabby for an interesting evening out. Sunday we woke up and headed to Cicero to celebrate my moms birthday with a brunch and lots more desserts. Aside from a spider dropping into my glass of milk it was a pretty great day. Even though these are from other occasions the pics were hanging out on my phone and I decided to throw them in here...

Ainsley Kate rockin' her shades.

Dad enjoying German fair at Reinblicks.
Doesn't he look like a giant with a tiny mug, hehe. 

Finally, Rob and I ended our Sunday with some grocery shopping and we worked on designing our wedding invite. Here is the mock up, hopefully it isn't anatomically correct...



No comments:

Post a Comment