Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Taper Tantrum

Happy Wednesday! All is well in taper land. In fact, everything is going really well. I'm on track for training this week so I'm already doing better then the past two weeks. Every now and then my mind drifts to the marathon and I seriously get butterfly's in my stomach. CRAZY! Everyone keeps asking me how wedding plans are going and I think to myself, who cares I've got a marathon in 10 days!! Here is my train of thought, bear (bare?) with me...

Crazy awesome run yesterday! My usual 5 mile route around Fairport was in bloom and smelled beautiful. The last time I had a short run I ran with Rob and he pushed me to move pretty quickly. I set out on my own and had great weather. It was sunny and warm, but with a nice cool light breeze. My first two miles were quick and life was good. I continued along the canal smiling and waving to other runners, cyclists and cute babies. Perinton Park is always my half way point and sometimes I'll stop to get a drink and go to the bathroom. This time I thought I'd pull up a swing and soak in the sights for a short time.

I see green trees.

Enjoying some quiet time.

While I was enjoying my break, the Fairport crew teams were practicing on the canal and that was pretty entertaining.

Go Evan Tucker!! Look at those trees.


After a brief break I got some sips at the water fountain and continued on my way. As I was approaching the end of my run I realized I could push myself a bit harder and hit five miles slightly under an hour. Which I've done before, but not recently. I all of a sudden got really competitive and kicked myself into high gear, reaching and beating my goal. Ever have everything fall into place and feel invincible? Life is good.

Tonight I had my usual spin and sculpt class and it was quite possibly the best spin class I have ever had. Same instructor, same music, same drills. But I felt different. I felt really strong. I felt like I could push myself harder then before. I'm not sure if it is all the rest I've had lately, and that my body is reacting well to that, but I am loving my workouts this week and am no longer feeling burnt out.

I have started planning for our trip to Cleveland. Since I've never been there I hope to get in some sightseeing, mostly when running and driving to and from the expo. But we are planning to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and The Great Lakes Brewery, all after the race of course.

Officially in my app favorites.
Time to stalk the weatherman.


Yes, I printed an actual paper map with directions. Call me old fashioned.


Ever been to Cleveland, have any recommendations?


No comments:

Post a Comment