Thursday, June 27, 2013

School's Out For Summer...almost!

I must admit this was supposed to be posted last week and I am not quite sure where the time has gone! Figured since I spent the time typing it up I would post it, enjoy...


So this week has been all about switching gears. It is the last week of school and I have been somewhat busy cleaning, organizing and celebrating. Monday was the last day for students and I went with the seventh graders to Seabreeze. I really just made sure the lounge chair I was assigned to get into any trouble. It was hard work. The weather was perfect, maybe a little chilly for the water park but I did giggle myself through one ride on the Music Express. Tuesday I worked in both of my classrooms. Traveling equals two places to have to clean and organize, joy. During the day Meredith sent me a text and asked if I could watch Ainsley so they could take Colin to pick strawberries. Since I already had a running date I did some rearranging so I could spend time with this monkey...

Token cute kid photo to brighten up the blog! 

My running partner was Evan and since he lives in the development connected to my sisters I figured I would just go in my running clothes and meet up with him when I was done. Loving the long summer nights for running by the way. I was excited to run 3 miles with Evan because he is just gearing up with training for his first half marathon in Rochester in September. In fact he sent me this...


Which made me think (for a minute) if running the half with would be possible. But I don't think it will.  I am so excited for him and loved that I could join him for the first run on his journey. Hopefully I'll get to cheer him on or even run part of it with him in September.

Since it didn't seem like we would be able to make it to our usual Wednesday night spin class, Sarah and I decided to wake up early, like crazy early, and get our spin on at the 5:30am class. This seemed like a good idea at the time but when the alarm went off at 4:50am on Wednesday I wasn't loving it. Thankfully, Rob was also getting up for his open water swim work out and since he was such a chatterbox there was no chance I was going back to bed. The class was good and I showered at the gym and headed to Brueggers for a bagel. Great start to the morning!

Thursday, my building took a lunch cruise on the Erie Canal and in the evening we celebrated my principals retirement at Artisan Works. On Friday we had our annual family breakfast at school and it was here that Rob and I received our first wedding gift.



That evening we had a celebration at my colleagues cottage in honor of myself and another colleague who is expecting  her first child. It was the most fun I've had in a while and after doing some artsy things, having some food and opening gifts, her husband took us out of the lake in their boat. What a great night and wonderful kick-off to summer.

Joint baby and bridal shower... for two different ladies!

A little adult, lady humor as a fun game! 
Woa...weird. 
Heading out on the boat.

Enjoying a great night, with great people!

The lovely hostess. 

Heading out...

Happy Summer!!


No comments:

Post a Comment